What is South Carolina BLUE?
With three community-based centers around the state, we’re making health insurance more personal and accessible than ever. When you visit one of our South Carolina BLUE locations, you can:
- Meet with an expert one-on-one about your health insurance options
- Purchase an individual, family, Medicare supplement or small business plan
- Get help resolving any outstanding claim or policy issues
- Learn about financial assistance, retirement, the Affordable Care Act and more
- Take a free yoga, Zumba or healthy cooking class
There are South Carolina BLUE retail centers in Columbia, Greenville and Mount Pleasant. If you’re located outside these areas, we have two South Carolina BLUE mobile retail centers that travel and meet with people across the Palmetto State. See where we’ll be next.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has changed the way we look at health care. Perhaps the most significant change is that most Americans are now required by law to have health insurance. Recognizing a need to meet South Carolinians the old-fashioned way – face to face, close to home – BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina opened three South Carolina BLUE retail centers and one mobile retail center in 2013. BlueCross launched a second mobile retail center in 2014.