Get BlueEssentialsSM in 2016!
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires almost everyone to have health insurance. We’re here to make it easy for you to choose the plan that’s right for you and your family. In addition to member perks that go above and beyond typical health plan benefits, 2016 BlueEssentials plans from BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina offer exciting new benefits! All plans include:
- Up to $500 for services not covered under your standard preventive doctor visits through our Wellness Plus+SM benefit
- Dental and vision coverage
- Reduced costs for 90-day supplies of eligible prescription drugs at select retail pharmacies
- 24/7 access to board-certified physicians through the convenience of video consults
- Free preventive screenings
What is the Difference Between the BlueEssentials Gold, Silver and Bronze Plans?
There are Gold, Silver and Bronze plans available for individuals and families. All plans cover the same essential health benefits, but the costs you’re responsible for will vary based on metallic level.
Adults under age 30 and people who can't afford metallic coverage may be eligible to purchase our Catastrophic plan. This plan has a low monthly premium and a high deductible, so you pay less each month but more when you actually receive care. Those over age 30 may be eligible to purchase the Catastrophic plan if they qualify for a hardship exemption through the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM).
How Can I Purchase a BlueEssentials Plan?
You can visit a South Carolina BLUESM
retail center in Greenville, Columbia or Mount Pleasant. We also have two mobile units that travel the state. Find a location near you